Thursday, April 17, 2008

Feb. 7th

Today was my birthday!! How lame that I had to do the Mockboard exam on this day. I was so stressed out about getting a patient and then a small miracle happened. I was given a name by the clinic and I just decided to call the patient and see if he could come in for some x-rays before thursday. He came in on Tuesday and I only had time to do x-rays because he had to leave but he had radiographic calculus inbetween each tooth. It was great! He qualified and I almost past the exam but I didn't have all the x-rays I needed so I lost 4 points and was bumped .25 of a point under passing. Frustrating but I was ok with it because I learned so much! I will use him as my board patient and now I know how his calculus is and how I need to get it off. It was hard but in such big chunks that it came off in big pieces. I also only missed two spots so I know that if I have the x-rays done right then I have a good chance of passing. I am so releaved! I was able to cross two things off of my list: My mockboard patient and my board patient! I also got to do some LA. I got such a big positive aspiration but I still did a good job. I can't beleive how much I have learned since I started school. If I had seen this patient a year ago I would have cried and not known what to do but today I was able to do a good job. It feels good to see my improvement and to know that I am not that bad of a clinician after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home