Thursday, November 29, 2007

Clinic Week #7

We had a lab in the morning for clinic and we practiced our graceys, our R & L ultrasonics, blood glucose and saliva testing and the placement of perio medicaments. It was fun to have a lab to kind of change our clinic sessions up a little bit. This lab was so helpful! I feel like I really know how to use my R & L's and the graceys now. When I did my reading for class and came to the lab and worked with the gracey's I figured out how I could clean a furcation like the one I saw at the VA! Its hard to explain but it was such a simple and obvious solution but it didn't dawn on me until I saw a picture of it in my book. I was so excited that I told all my friends and Prof. Alexander had me talk about it in pod wrap up. It feels really good to be able to problem solve and enhance my clinical skills. It also was really neat to be able to offer my new found in sight to my clinic friends. The rest of the lab was fun. I really liked placing the arestin in the hotdogs! I saw my class 3 exam patient in the afternoon and she was so difficult! She hadn't been to the dentist in so long that her calculus was almost impossible to get off. She also had so much sub gingival calculus! I feel like it was such a great learning experience for me! I only completed 2 quads but I was really tired afterwards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home