Thursday, April 17, 2008

Feb. 28th

Anesthesia Mockboard Day!!! I was way nervous for this day because I have only given a few injections since learning how to do them last semester. I just had my peer pal come in and gave them on her. I failed the PSA and passed the IA. I have the hardest time with the PSA!! In the afternoon my patient no showed so I decided rather than getting in a quick 1B it would be more beneficial for my time to practice injections so I am more prepared for the real anesthesia board exam coming up in two weeks. I practiced on a peer and instructor P. helped us out. He explained the injections in such a way that I was able to understand them more easily and I feel more confident and prepared to take the real board exam. I understand them so well now that I feel I will be able to give injections on anyone in my chair now. I am so happy I decided to use my time that way because I am ok with my requirements and it is more important to pass the anesthesia board exam than to get extra quads. I feel relieved after today but my goal is to go home and practice the angles on my hubby with a cotton tipped applicator so I can make sure I get the angles right on him since he will be my patient in the real thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home