Thursday, September 27, 2007

VA #3 and Clinic #3b

VA was pretty good this week. I got to do some digital x-rays which I really need for my requirements. I did a full mouth and I actually didn't do too bad of a job. I was even able to get all of the apices in the films! There was no possible way I was going to be able to get the sensor to fit in the patients max. ant. to get the x-rays I needed so Professor Hanson taught me a new technique. I had the patient bite on the sensor like a cracker (not literally bite, that would have broken the sensor!!). I was able to get the shot but I forgot to increase the exposure time so the films were too light.
Clinic on thursday was such a nightmare! I had one of my clinic days from last semester. My first patient walked into the clinic and decided she didn't want a cleaning so she walked right back out. Then I couldn't find anyone at all to come! I even walked around campus to find someone!! Then my patient in the afternoon had too high of blood sugar so I had to send her home. Luckily I had a sweet patient who could come right over and I was able to clean 1 quad of her teeth and she was a class 3 so it wasn't a complete waste of a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home