Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Wk #4

Clinic was very successful this week! I did OD's on Tuesday and found 4 quads of a 3 and 4 Quads of a 2. I did learn a very valuable lesson on tuesday afternoon. I OD'd the four quads of a 2 and decided I had enough time to scale all four quads in the remaining hour of clinic. BIG mistake!! I got in and ultrasonic'd the whole mouth and then once I started hand scaling there was a lot more calculus than I had thought. When I had my scale check I had missed about a million spots! It was so frustrating! I learned that I need to take my patients that are harder 1 or 2 quads at a time and not try to hurry myself. I was trying to push myself and get a lot done and improve my scaling time. My time improved but my skills turned to crap!! Oh well, lesson learned. I will only scale as fast as my skills let me so I can still do a good and thorough job. I will work on improving me scale time but I won't try to push it too far. On thursday I had a patient that was 3 quads of a 3 and I was able to clean 2 quads today. I was so proud of myself because I took the appointment one step at a time and was able to do a good job and do it in a reasonable time frame. I completed my afternoon patient that was 3 quads of a 3 and I didn't miss any spots! I was nervous after tuesdays mishap because I really wanted to complete her, but I took it slow and I got done!! Over all I learned a lot this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home