Monday, April 16, 2007

4/16

Today was a wonderful day! Well, sort of. I actually finished a patient! I completed 4 quads of a class 2!! I was supposed to clean 2 quads of a class 3 but couldn't get him to come in so I switched clinic sessions and got my class 2 to come in. He was so nice to take off work to help me. I started out scaling so slow and I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere! Nothing was coming off! I used the ultrasonic and I swear all it did was make his face wet! I don't feel very confident with the ultrasonic at all! I hope that gets better as I try to use it more often. Once I realized I needed to pick the pace up a little bit I feel like I flew!! I think I just need to realize that I have a time limit and I need to get all the calculus off before my time is up. I really didn't miss too many spots. My goal lately has been to get better at checking my scaling. I used my explorer a lot more and even used floss. I feel like it went well and I was able to catch my own mistakes. I really like cleaning teeth, even the more difficult cases. I really feel like I am improving so much! I hope that my patients start showing up and I can continue to improve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home