Tuesday, January 16, 2007

1/10

Today was our first patient day of the semester. I had my friend melanie come in who has been a patient at the clinic before. I was hoping to get a lot done on her today. My goal was to just get to scaling. I wasn't able to get to scaling on my first patient I saw last semester. I reveiwed my clinic manual and prepared myself as best as I could to move as quickly and as efficiently as possible during the appointment. There was one thing I forgot to take into account though. I forgot how much a patient can talk! I am friends with her so she wanted to talk a lot! I enjoyed talking with her but I wasn't able to reach my goal of scaling. I only got up to OHI. Another problem was I had a hard time remembering what steps to take when and how to use the computer. Now that the crash course of today is over with I feel like I can do a lot better next time. I will see her again this coming wednesday to scale her. I hope all goes well!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home